Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of boredom I took a ride to Chatty yesterday morning. 1 boat on the water and they are harvesting the wally eggs at the damn.

Talked to a few shore fisherman and all were getting skunked. They were spread out from south of the swim beach, Massey Draw and the bay at the north ramp.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Was out Tues, Weds, Thurs... for a short time each day..
Got a "Nice" 3lb sucker...
A few 'slimers" jigging Kasties...
Some NUT JOB was there Thurs. on a jet Ski.... :eek:
41 degree water temp..... :biggrin1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thinking about trying my luck at the Chat tomorrow. Don't have a boat but will probably wade in for some trout. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated. New to the site and semi new to the area. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Saw a guy get nailed for an undersized eye coming off the water the other night. Oops!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Thinking about trying my luck at the Chat tomorrow. Don't have a boat but will probably wade in for some trout. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated. New to the site and semi new to the area. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.
For trout I would try either out from the swim beach, or around the southside handicap fishing pier.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Another warden came up as backup and I dragged my feet so he would check my license at the truck rather than on the water. When he came over, I said "I call bullshit on that guy. Anybody that night fishes Shatty with 42 deg water aint goin for bass and he KNOWS the size limit on eyes. Its posted everywhere." He laughed.

Its a tough lake to fish, especially from shore. No excuse for not following the rules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts