Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the lake about 7:30 or so. Had two eyes before 8:30 and two more by 10:30. Wind died and so did the bite. 1 keeper sized but all fish were healthy and well shouldered for such short fish.

Wind: SE 5-8 mph
Water temp: 57 deg.

HJ10 gold
Jackall squad minnow 128 (aurora black)
Super Rogue

Bait twitched HARD with quick pauses. They were smashing the cranks. Wound up tail hooking one of them.

Not a bad day from shore at Chatty. Very fun :)

Tight Lines folks!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Got to the lake about 7:30 or so. Had two eyes before 8:30 and two more by 10:30. Wind died and so did the bite. 1 keeper sized but all fish were healthy and well shouldered for such short fish.

Wind: SE 5-8 mph
Water temp: 57 deg.

HJ10 gold
Jackall squad minnow 128 (aurora black)
Super Rogue

Bait twitched HARD with quick pauses. They were smashing the cranks. Wound up tail hooking one of them.

Not a bad day from shore at Chatty. Very fun :)

Tight Lines folks!
I was there also with a Buddy...
He cleaned Me.... by 5 fish...
I missed at least 15 bites today...
Started tossing plastics, I was so upset...
got the "smallest" Eye of the day at 16" on a 5" shad bait..
MAN, Them Eyes are HEALTHY this year....

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very healthy fish. I had a 17" that had the shoulders of a 19 or a 20" eye. I'm guessing they were coming up 4' to hit the jerkbaits. Last night I should have switched to a big lipless or a swimbait. They were very aggressive.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was there also in the afternoon and caught about 10 eyes but again no keeps. Most on leeches.
The sub keepers were hitting the 5" baits like they were going out of style. Hard to throw a big enough bait to keep the dinks away. I usually get one or two keepers out of it but I have a freezer full of walleye so I send them swimming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts