Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not an easy weekend at Chatty by any means. Few dinks and this monster!!! Saw him on my flasher, brought the jigging rap to him and just inhaled it!!!! Took me three phone calls, a few texts, and some singing to myself before I got him/her up!!! Luckily I brought the 8" auger and not the 6"!!!!

26" light rod and 4# flouro!!!! Beast mode.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
WOW!! I bet that was a blast.

I was @ Chatty yesterday from 4:30am - 10:00am could only manage 4 stocker trout... That was before everyone and there brothers uncle showed up LOL. We were the 1st on the ice @ 4:30 but by 10am there were TONS of people!

We fished down South but i wanted to try up North by the Dam... just wasnt sure about ice conditions by the Dam.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

I was @ Chatty yesterday from 4:30am - 10:00am could only manage 4 stocker trout... That was before everyone and there brothers uncle showed up LOL. We were the 1st on the ice @ 4:30 but by 10am there were TONS of people!

We fished down South but i wanted to try up North by the Dam... just wasnt sure about ice conditions by the Dam.
sounds about right. I fished south too. got about 8 trout two about 17". took them home for the dogs.

nice bugler by the way

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet you thought that was a monster walleye right after you hook it. Have not seen you posting in a while.
Thought I pulled a Carl and hooked a monster cat actually...the way the drag was peeling, I knew it wasn't an eye!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nice! I snaged one about that size last week. I had him hooked in the middle fin on his belly. I couldn't get him through a 6" hole and ended up breaking it off with an HD Ice still stuck in him. Fun fight though :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Fished off of Eagle Cove Saturday...walked way out. Dink trout and the fuglee monster. Not many ppl out. Sunday was a different story. Holy cow, tons of ppl so we fished away from the crowd. Hugged the tower and marked fish but couldn't get them to commit. Went to the ponds to beat the skunk!!!!

·
Banned
553 Posts
Id put those lips to good use- yea i just said that.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
10 days earlier its a $2500 fish...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts