Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Chatty again today and did a little better. I ended up with six eye's to 17" on bouncer's and crawlers. They seem to be moving out of the wood and onto humps. There are also some huge shad balls forming!!! So fishing will probably get harder! I trolled some cranks thru them to no avail also.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Time to put away the worms Neal....

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You leave Neal alone, Boon. He's a professional guide, he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree the weather sure has changed things up this year. The crawler bite lasting later, the trolling bite hasn't seemed to heat up yet. It's been a challenging one. Still better than working.......

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good stuff Neal. Same thing's been happening at P-LO. Still getting the occasional fish on Flicker Shad & Minnows, but most on harnesses.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I experienced the same thing on CC this Wednesday. TONS of shad balls everywhere. Caught a few pulling plugs, but I think it may be time to start spooning.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yesterday was the first time I saw some fish suspended with the shad. I am going back out there tonight and try to get some pulling cranks. Some of the humps I am fishing at Chatfield will probably be 10 feet or more shallower when the water starts coming down?

I haven't been to Pueblo now for over a month but they should start suspending down there soon. I am going to hit Pueblo on Sunday and more next week.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was there last night. Massive shad hatch!!!! My screens were literally blacked out by them in one spot:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts