Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished chatty from like 3-7 or something like that last night. I've done well there for walleye and trout on multiple occasions through the ice and during the summer but never fished it after ice off. The water is LOW! The spots that I typically fish from shore aren't even really fishable it's so low. Threw all sorts of stuff. No hits, nothing. Talked to like six other people. No one got a thing. My buddy didn't get a dam thing either. I saw a decent amount of fish activity, though. Fish were rising here and there and there were lots of insects around.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Sounds rough! Better luck next time. Gonna fish somewhere else tonight.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've got some huge flat fish like that. Haven't had any luck on them yet. But I alwyas seem to put them in the water.

I iced fished with those hogy';s as well this season. I had big fish all over me at granby but none committed. Hopefully you have better luck.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've got some huge flat fish like that. Haven't had any luck on them yet. But I alwyas seem to put them in the water.

I iced fished with those hogy';s as well this season. I had big fish all over me at granby but none committed. Hopefully you have better luck.
Ya I saw the Hogys on a Hogy sponsored Bernie Keefe video and wanted to try them.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If your looking for an easy no brainer way to do it and don't care what kind of damage you might do to the fish then the flatfish trebles of death are a great option. I think the guy might have been yanking your chain. The logo on that box and color scheme on the lure I'm pretty sure is a newer design not from the eighties. Also you better have one hell of a meat stick and a winch for a reel if your actually going to use it

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
If your looking for an easy no brainer way to do it and don't care what kind of damage you might do to the fish then the flatfish trebles of death are a great option. I think the guy might have been yanking your chain. The logo on that box and color scheme on the lure I'm pretty sure is a newer design not from the eighties. Also you better have one hell of a meat stick and a winch for a reel if your actually going to use it
You said it.... replace trebles with single shank hooks.
AND... Make DAMN sure it's tuned and running true.
I've got horror stories about "FLATFISH" spinning around 3-4 other trolled lines and lures.... nightmare city.... :mad:
BUT, They were THE lure for BIG Mac's back in the 70's.....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
To be honest I pretty much just bought it cuz I hadn't seen a big one like that before and thought it was cool and like I said it wasn't expensive either. I doubt that I'd ever use it. I don't have a boat to troll it from or anything. I guess I could cast it to steep drop offs and stuff but who knows well see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts