Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some peeps icing today as I was driving by. Drove in to the park to investigate.Three groups south of catfish flats in case anyone was wondering if it was iceable. I didn't have my spud, but if I go back tomorrow with gear I'll report back

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Saw some peeps icing today as I was driving by. Drove in to the park to investigate.Three groups south of catfish flats in case anyone was wondering if it was iceable. I didn't have my spud, but if I go back tomorrow with gear I'll report back
Yeah, I saw those 2 (3?) groups...
Must be tryin for the MRT run up the river....
Can get pretty good around this time of year..
looks to "iffy' for Me.
AND... 98% of the rest of the lake is skim ice.....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Fished Chatty last evening. Sketchy ice even though it was about 8 inches it was all frozen slush and melted snow that refroze. Also you could see little divets where springs were just barely frozen over. One punch with the spud bar and nothing underneath! Did manage to catch 2 bows but unless it stays really cold with little or no snow doubt it will get safe enough for most people. Always going to be a few die hards that will push it though!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I know everyone is jonesing to get out! But I can't believe people would risk their lives for a bunch of dink walleye's and slimers:eek:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I know everyone is jonesing to get out! But I can't believe people would risk their lives for a bunch of dink walleye's and slimers:eek:
I would think that it's just as good of a reason to die as any other? Would it be more worth dying for bigger walleyes or giant BFRT (as Tthepikester would say)? I would think not. With that said, I have not got on any metro ice yet and probably won't until next season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts