Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Chatty this AM before sunup looking for some eye's. As I suck at catching eye's I couldn't find any stupid enough to bite but in the first 30 minutes I wrangled a pare of clone small jaws. Both very chunky and very fistey around 16+ " or so. Then the sun came out and the wind came up and that was all she wrote. Ah well good to know the boat still floats.

Went home took a nap and hit the Q for 3-4 hours. Lots of stocker bows but couldn't get any bass to go from shore.:'(

My meager contribution of a fishing report.

Hope the pic loads

tight lines
-C

Attachments

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Its early yet. It was 45 deg. water the other day. As the temp increases, they will start moving in. We get some warm, spring rains to boost lake levels and its bonanza time!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Keep at. Things are finally warming! This dark phase of the moon is hard to figure out! Try to be on the water right as the sun goes down if you can.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
How many stocker bows you get? I haven't seen many this year because they haven't stocked yet I wonder if they just stocked it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice job dan! I was out there on Tuesday and it was a consistent bite on slimers from my float tube. Nailed about 18, missed a bunch and got a few perch..

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many stocker bows you get? I haven't seen many this year because they haven't stocked yet I wonder if they just stocked it?
Incorrect, they stocked the Q last week. Read closer, Smallies at chatty, slimers at Q! Descent stock as well, no 9" at least for me, all 11-12" with a couple pushin 14.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice job dan! I was out there on Tuesday and it was a consistent bite on slimers from my float tube. Nailed about 18, missed a bunch and got a few perch..
I actually had a roadrunner on when I first pulled up and through it a half dozen times before I re-rigged. Got hit the first 2 casts but missed them both,... assuming perch,... I have caught and seen some nice crappie from there as well:-\

1 - 13 of 13 Posts