Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

Jax in Fort Collins has some pretty nice rods on sale.

The brand is "Pro Angler"...an off brand to be sure, but check out the features:

IM7 or IM8 graphite, Fuji guides. fuji reel seats on IM8 models, cork grips.

They also have some "ugly stik" style rods from the same manufacturer.

Spinning and baticasting rods available.

This is the best part; they're 40% off regular price. Sale Prices range from $15-$30 for the IM7 and IM8 models.

I picked up a 6' light action spinning rod yesterday on a whim (it was $15, I couldn't pass it up) and it fishes much better than the Berkley Hank parker Signature rod I had. I went back and bought 2 more; a ML spinning for my wife and a MH spinning for those rare times I get out for pike.

As of Thursday afternoon there was still a pretty full selection, I may have to grab one or two more...Man, I love sweet deals!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep, they've been having this sale for a week or two. Good rods. I have one as well after my Rapala rod that I got over the summer break on me. Got an IM7 6'6" Medium action rod for around $17. Glad I got it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not trying to be rude by saying this but, why don't you retire the rod and buy a new one to replace it.  You never know if it will be worth anything.  have a good one

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Hi bassgirl, that one went zipping right over my head. Retire what rod, the one he broke?

Anyway Farmer Ted, leave a couple of those rods there, willya? I want to go in tomorrow and check them out myself.

C

·
0 Posts
What is considered cheap? The most I paid for one of my catfish rods was $60 from St. Croix.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
those sound like some decent rods and great prices let us know how they last

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sort of missed what you were saying bassgirl, but I did retire the hank parker rod and replace it with the new one. If you are interested, It's for sale.... ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't know if you retired your rods or not. So it was just a suggestion. And I already have 3 rods that I use that are like new. An ultra light Ugly Stick, a quantom, and a durango. the last one is just a cheap one from sportsmans wharehouse. I think like 10 dollars 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts