Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a cheap (preferably around $20) pair of polarized glasses, to hold me over until I can afford a nice pair. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got a decent pair at sports authority a few years back. Can't remember what they cost exactly, but I still have 'em and they're alright. It's one of those hit or miss things though. Most of the cheap sunglasses I've bought have been pretty lame.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Go on Ebay. Last time I bought some I think I paid like $15.00 for 2 pairs. They are polarized and stylish. I refuse to pay a lot for sunglasses when the less expensive ones do the same job as the name brand over-priced ones. Not to mention if they get lost I won't have to take out a small loan to get another pair. IMO
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

And Z...I knew there were some past threads on sunglasses, I just didn't remember any of them talking about cheaper options. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
No worries...people forget about the search function sometimes...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I get really good quality ones from Sears.com, they call them "oversized aviator glasses" but they don't look dorky like big aviators. $13 a pair and if you order them at the computor kiosk in a Sears store shipping is free.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
A lot of fishing sections will have the "blue blockers" or cheap polarized glasses

I spent the money on some decent ones myself - only after I had gone through several cheaper ones over time

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Body Gloves are pretty decent.. On sale most styles are like $30..Big 5. Full price over a hundred. But I'll never go back after Oakley's..

D.J.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hey kiddo,

Go talk to Jess or Serr over in Sunglasses at BPS. They'll get you hooked up. Don't forget to stop by and say Hi while you're at it. ;)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Jay said:
Go on Ebay. Last time I bought some I think I paid like $15.00 for 2 pairs. They are polarized and stylish. I refuse to pay a lot for sunglasses when the less expensive ones do the same job as the name brand over-priced ones. Not to mention if they get lost I won't have to take out a small loan to get another pair. IMO
[me=Jay] [/me]

ebay for sure man. just make sure you have an idea of a brand and style you want before you go on there and get something that doesn't work or fit the way you want

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
djfisherman2 said:
Body Gloves are pretty decent.. On sale most styles are like $30..Big 5. Full price over a hundred. But I'll never go back after Oakley's..

D.J.
Try yourself some Maui Jim's my friend.........then there is no goin back! ;D

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I picked up a cheap pair from Bass Pro a few months ago.. XPS Brand Bluefin model... Pretty sure they were $20...Although i cant tell you if they are GREAT or if they suck as they are the only pair I have ever owned LOL

I like them.. if that means anything ;)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Try yourself some Maui Jim's my friend.........then there is no goin back! ;D
:D I'm pretty fond of Oakey's though.. Just couldn't see myself in............those. ;) :D

D.J.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts