Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how it was fishing if anyone has anny information I would really like to knnow. I think that I may head down there tomarrow.

M

·
0 Posts
My understanding is the lake is closed because of "still standing snags" from the Hayman Fire. The fishing report tomorrow from the DOW (first report of the season) should clear that up for us and let us know if it will open this year.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
The river is tough fishing, fish are skitish still. Not alot of cover to hide you from being spotted. If you like technical fishing this is the place. Browns vs Rainbows are about 50/50 which is fun because I like browns better, and it use to be 30/70 browns to rainbows.

·
Registered
153 Posts
"If you can catch fish in Cheeseman, you can catch fish anywhere in CO."

a quote I have heard from many people who fish Cheeseman regularly. its tough fishing, Call the Hatch Fly Shop and see whats going on there, (303) 816-0487. Flies that work there all the time are RS2's, SJ worms, Black Beauties, miracle nymphs and anything else you have trouble seeing... haha... I do beleive the magical color right now is red... like crystal midges and such. really, call the hatch and see whats going on. Nothing like asking the local shop. not a bunch of hooligans on a message board ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TimberlineArcher said:
Nothing like asking the local shop.  not a bunch of hooligans on a message board  ;D
I would way always ask at both places. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was in Cheeseman canyon last week and had ok luck. The fish are skittish and you have to be carefull sneaking up on them. See my post in fishing reports re Cheeseman Canyon. Small midges worked for me. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts