Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
489 Posts
Denver water board is just using the hayman as an excuse to keep it closed. Every lake has stumps and debris for crying out loud. And no boats? Man these guys have quite an agenda.
I am going to be writing a not so cordial but still dilpomatic letter to the Denver Water Board. I am going to tell them what the public thinks of them, refute with solid evidence every one of their baseless arguments. I will say if they don't comply that I will go straight to recalling the officials who appointed them.
I would really like it if some of you signed the letter with me. Any volunteers? Let's clean up the Denver Water Board. They may indeed be the worst in the state, bar possibly Colorado Springs.

· Banned
489 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I must disagree with allowing boats on cheeseman. The place is a fishing oasis away from the noise and stink and crowding of most of todays lakes!Except for the area near the main parking lot,the other 85% of the shoreline requires a substantial hike.One can go there on a saturday or sunday and be virtually alone.If theyre willing to hike a little. Now if they just open it,Ill be happy! NO BOATS!!

When I say boating on water supply lakes, I mean NON MOTORIZED or electric motor. No gas motors.

· Banned
489 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
If the lake is closed theres not much sense cause then you can only fish legally in the river above Cheese.And once you get down there,the temptation to fish downstream into the reservoir will be too much and we WILL be tresspassing.On the other hand,that doesnt sound too bad!All those fish to ourselves!Its a long ways off-we'll talk.
Pretty ironic they could cite you for trespass on public property. I am writing the letter this week to Denver Water and while it will be professional and I won't call names, it will be harsh and I will not mince words or be cordial. Their rules and other city utility rules cannot be tolerated. Recall time.

· Banned
489 Posts
COfisher said:
So the fish haven't died off right? Is closed just because of the snags or was there a fish die off?
Denver Water Board is just using snags as an excuse to restrict access again. Every lake has debris, this excuse is laughable.

· Banned
489 Posts
If any of you are Denver Citizens, please get a recall petition going for Denver Water Officials and petitions for ballot measures to repeal restrictions. Let's start doing something positive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.