Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
I'm with Slayerfish on no boats at Cheesman. Some days fishing up there I never saw another person which was a big part of why we went there (besides the great fishing.) You start letting boats electric or not and that place will turn into a zoo. Cracks me up hiking past the 100 people shoulder to shoulder 50' from the parking lot to come back from a good days fishing to find them all skunked. Allowing boats will allow all these people easy access and soon the lake would no longer be as good of a fishery. Prime example of a little xtra work= kicka** fishing.

· Registered
36 Posts
I agree with Ice I would like to see every lake that is owned by the public opened to electric powered craft. However I don't think they should have to spend money to build a boat ramp or other facilities unless there is a seperate fee to fund the extra amenities.

Also has any one else ever wondered why their are so many houses by the dam and why you cannot walk accross the top of the dam you have to go down below it and then hike back up the other side.

· Registered
17,068 Posts
We used to wonder about that so we arrive at the parking lot when its still very dark,Then all you do is walk across the dam!Prolly did it 60 times never got caught.You must walk below the dam on the way back,but what the hey!

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
I just read Pat Dorsey's Article "Cheeseman after the fire" In this month's Fly Fisherman magazine. The article said fishing the platte in Cheeseman canyon was pretty much off the hook.
It also stated that since the fire and whirling disease the browns have been picking up the slack... The DOW's electroshock survey in the lower canyon there was a 70/30 ratio of browns to rainbows and in the upper canyon about a 50/50 ratio. With 3700 to 3900 trout per mile.
Slayer it might be worth the hike mang... depending on the flows right now... Article listed ideal between 250 - 400 cfs

· Banned
489 Posts
If any of you are Denver Citizens, please get a recall petition going for Denver Water Officials and petitions for ballot measures to repeal restrictions. Let's start doing something positive.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.