Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed a break from all the Metro walleye action, so I recently tried a new lake for me, Cheesman.

Caught a dozen smallies (nothing over 16in.)

1st fish of the day on a 1in. brown tube.

Went to a gold & orange spoon looking for pike and got this one

switched to a 2.5 in coffee, red specks tube and caught most of them, casting parallel to the shore, bouncing it off the rocks

Sorry about flipin you guys off, but I was more worried about dropping my phone in the lake :eek:

And a nice 20in trout. On the original "Slayer Special" the kasty ( didn't bring any blades :)

Spent the entire day there, walked all the way back as far as you could go. What a nice place! Took Hwy 67 from Sedalia, never been through that area, an excellent drive!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The regs say no boats. Does anyone know if that includes non motorized?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The regs say no boats. Does anyone know if that includes non motorized?
You can not touch the water at all (except for line & lure). It would be a SWEET lake to belly boat or ice, especially if you could fish the other side. Lots of water that's been un-fished.

All in all, a beautiful lake, lots of fish, relatively close to home. I'll fish it again :thumb:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
G-O-D-D-A-M-N!!!!! Those are some TOADS right there son!

Yeah, I'm drunk.

Still... TWO GIANT BASS!!!!!!!

CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I go camping about 5 miles down from Cheesman Res about 3 or 4 times a year. I've never fished there as the sign says there is high levels of mercury in the water, for whatever that is worth. Beautiful area tho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts