Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fished the canyon recently. Planning a trip in on Thursday and just wondering what's going on there.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Flow is 57cfs. They might be eating small bugs. Heard something somewhere about the lower lot being closed......

Bands of vicious marmosets reported in area.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CoCarp,

Thanks. That puts a miserable wrinkle on my plans. I talked to Jeremy at F & L and it's for real. Closed up and no real way in. Will have to adjust my plans.

Thanks for the info.

S

·
0 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
If you are a real deal hiker you can drop in from the top, that lot is still open. Bring your o2 though.
Lots o luck there, the road to the top is closed as well, so you need to walk 2.5 miles from the nearest parking, and another 3 to the dam trail. They have already dug up the old culvert and are in the process of installing the new one. The Gill Trail lot is full of thewir equipment.

I can only imagine the crowd once access is opened again :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
That lower lot should hopefully be open here in a few weeks. Who knows, but a bit disappointing. That is a great winter fishery.

That top section can be a scary hike in the winter. Be prepared for a hair raising adventure.

Deckers is always an option. Hit the upper section above the bridge with a few from this board a week back and landed lots of fish with about a half dozen over the 20" mark. So, that is always an option. You just have to fight the crowds there in the winter. Hopefully, they don't hold any free seminars there the day you choose to go. That is really crazy :p

I'm always up for giving out the info, so if you do hit Deckers come prepared with some cased caddis and chart. egg patterns.

Low flows, but fish were not real spooky.

Anyone up for a little platte action in town this week or next? Been dying to give that a try.

Carp? CNelson?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd like to get in on that thru town action. I have been fishing it for a couple of months now and would like to hook up with some other folks that have been doing the same. Let me know

Randy

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's unfortunate that the Cheese will never be, in our lifetime, what it once was.

That letter burning biatch.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
B I'm in ATL working the north GA hills for till next Monday. The weekend after is hit or miss with fishing/skiing. BUT YES, I do want to poke around on the platter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent. We have decided to give it a try. Not sure about the walk, but I've got the itch. Can't go pheasant hunting with Christmas interfering with my calendar, so I have to do something. I will post a report with pics if I remember to take any.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts