Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive yet to give up on CC. Took the boat out for a few hours this morning. I started out by draging a lindy rig on 1 pole and jigging with a jigging spoon. As always I was marking TONS of fish. Did manage to get a few small bites on the spoon but never hooked up. I than trolled. Right away I got a small 15/16in trout on a silver kroc spoon. A few minutes later I got another about the same sive on a jointed Rapala with 2 colors of leadcore. A few minutes later I had another on the leadcore but lost it. I was getting alot of bites but nothing real to talk about. About an hour before I left I hooked something pretty big on a gold kasty but never got it to the boat. Maybe time to sharpen my hooks or maybe I was trolling to fast?

Water temp was about 47. Most of the fish I was marking were in about 20ft of water suspended at 15ft.

Ive yet to give up on CC.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Nice job on the persistance at Creek!...it is one place I have no time for...so I hope you figure it out...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've never been out there when I haven't been buzzed by either a
speed boat or jet ski. Must be quite peaceful this time of year.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NinerRick said:
I've never been out there when I haven't been buzzed by either a
speed boat or jet ski. Must be quite peaceful this time of year.
It was great!!! One of the reasons I went there. People give me crap for going there but I just hate to give up on it. It is so close that not going doesnt make sense.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts