Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Punched a few holes today at Cherry Creek.  Trout were biting good on Power Bait and Dead Minnows.  Fish were hungry.  Fished on the South Side of the lake as the Ranger said the Tower wasn't safe.  Was pretty cold and snowy and we were the only ones out on the hard water.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Cherry Creek

I fished in about 12 feet of water and the ice was 6 inches deep where I was. I fished about a foot off the bottom. It was a good thing to map out the area with the boat a month ago. I was at the second turn-in where the tables are down at the water's edge. Just west of the big tree that lays in the water.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Cherry Creek

I was about 100 yards out. I wouldn't get too close to the West Boat ramp by the sandy area. The ice was making lots of cracking noises and making the whale sound. There were some big cracks over there. It was too creepy for me so I went to the place I told you about where the fishies were caught.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Fished Cherry Creek, this morning, from 6-11, no good. Fished hard drilled at least 25 holes, marked 4 fish, no strikes. Fished the south side in 10-15 feet of water, used micros, tube jigs, tipped with mealworms and wax worms. Jigged a Rapala and tryed other stuff. :-[
There were 2 other fisherman on the south end, drove to the north side and there were 7 guys fishing next to the dam structure. No good. Could have been a few out there that I didn't see.
Ice was plenty safe 6" everywhere I drilled.
If you try Cherry Creek, I hope your luck is better than mine. I would try another lake. Slow, slow, dead. ???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been meaning to hit Cherry Creek I am going to try Friday, if I can get the time off work so thanks for the report. I had a side question though, every time I go out I get these HUGE marks on my depth finder they usually have a look at what I am jigging but never hit. I assumed that they are monster Carp, have any of you had that same experiance????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts