Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CaptHook and I fished the lake from about 12:30 to about 4:30. Trolled shad imitations along the dam and in front of the swim beach. Got skunked. Marked very few fish on the fish finder. Talked to a few folks and heard of only 1 rainbow caught. Water temp registered between 34 and 36 degrees. It was cold out there.

Off to Jackson tomorrow.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I too fished CC today. I was registering around 40 F, but as the clouds moved in the surface temp dropped of course. Founds lots of fish, some really big, in the deeper water realting to structure. All were at 23-25 ft of water right off bottom. As afternoon progressed toward evening, the fish started suspending 5 ft off bottom and as I suspected they started moving up the structure towards shallow water as the clouds moved in around 4 pm. I did just a few minutes of casting in the shallows before leaving at 5:30 or so with no luck. I did hook something large in the deep water, sluggish as some fish are in this cold of water, and my knot at my lure broke. My fault for failing to continually check my knots after tickling the bottom with my lure for a couple hours. I used the typical shad style lures and some plastic swim shads with no luck.

Water's really cold still.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts