Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love getting skunked at this lake can't get enough. Keep going back. Lol no fish no bites. Fished from 5:30 till 10:00. Only talked with one guy that caught a fish he said it was small and didn't know what fish it was. Worked the east dam. The west dam was occupied by shore fisherman no room to try over there.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fishfullafish if you don't mind not catching fish, anytime lol. Ill let you know next time im out.

lol Rod, im jumping in your boat sometime this week to get some lessons!

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Trout said:
I have no idea what the hell I just looked at ;D
LOL...Trout, the pics on the right are X-Rays of his colon showing a large blockage due to stress trying to figure out all the new info and gadgets!!! ::) :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've spent many hours staring at setthehook's HDS from the back of the boat.

Once your eye's get used to it you can tell the difference between a walleye and a stick in the mud. A real game changer.

what speed were you going when you snapped those images? I find that at about 2 mph the fish will not show up as an arc on the bottom imaging, just a round blob. while on the sonar they maintain the arc. great for a quick xreference

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fowl_Hooked said:
I've spent many hours staring at setthehook's HDS from the back of the boat.

Once your eye's get used to it you can tell the difference between a walleye and a stick in the mud. A real game changer.

what speed were you going when you snapped those images? I find that at about 2 mph the fish will not show up as an arc on the bottom imaging, just a round blob. while on the sonar they maintain the arc. great for a quick xreference
Most of those pics were taken while drifting, didn't take too many pics going fast. It's going to take a long time to figure out all this stuff. I'm new to electronics never used them before. New to using a boat. Its alot of stuff to worry about.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Altidude said:
So how did the new trolling motor work?
The engine mount? It works it would probably so faster if the top half of the prop wasn't out the water lol. But im going to keep using it.

Also i do alot of night fishing, i need a really bright spotlight for navigation, any help? Anyone?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
HookNLine said:
Fishfullafish if you don't mind not catching fish, anytime lol. Ill let you know next time im out.

lol Rod, im jumping in your boat sometime this week to get some lessons!
I've had moderate success at cherry creek, I used leadcore w/cranks on several occassions with success.

But yeah, next time you head out hit me up with a pm.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts