Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from the dam at Cherry Creek from 6:30PM until around 10PM. I ended up catching and releasing 2 fat male 'eyes on lipless cranks, both were still squirting milk. I somehow managed to leave my tape measure at home so I weighed them. The first fish was 3.1 lbs, the second was 3.6. Hopefully they'll come visit me again on May 7th during the tournament, along with their mother. ;D Here are the pics:

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Those are some healthy looking eyes, good luck in the tournament.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Good Job man. Time for me to go to the creek at night. Guess what u told me was true. I heard some guys caught some real big ones lately out there recently at night. I dont know if its true time to find out.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that is Cajun line. I really like it when throwing cranks from shore, it has quite a bit of stretch which acts like a shock absorber when a fish slams the bait right at my feet. When using a line with less stretch a lot of times the hooks just tear out of the fish's mouth. :(

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Two brothers...walleye tournament cage match...two enter the lake...one comes out...will it be D Wayne or will it be Harry Boyz...coming to a reservoir near you!...Cherry Creek May 7th...Rapala body piercings...slab spoons to the scalp...spider wire neckties...wobbler wedgies...dont miss it!

What is the Vegas over under on this tiff?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
ßhow far in did u go .... closer to the marina side or the east side of the dam? i would like to know!!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Don

Could you be a little more considerate and take a can of spray paint (glow in the dark colors) and spray paint the rock you were standing on in lieu of GPS coordinates to the exact rock?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've never seen glow spray paint anywhere. I do have a jar of glow powder paint that's almost full, but how would I heat up the rock? :D Wouldn't that take away all of the fun though? ???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts