Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Cherry Creek this am.  If you heard 950 the Fan, I told Terry we were trolling the middle of the lake, 1.62 to 1.78 mph.  (We averaged 1.7 but since my GPS measures to 1/100, I thought I'd throw that in.)  As hard as he tried, I would not tell what crank we were using but whatever you use, get them down deep.

My eye:

Franks eye:

Both were released to be caught another day.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Re: Cherry Creek 4-9-06

WOW -- all those good looks and you can fish too.

Beats my 20+ trout and no dumb bass I caught today

·
Registered
234 Posts
Set the Hook,
Ok,now I know who you are ...... Other post you aked if I was DHot Rod.....Yep that's me. I bet, I know what your trolling out there... I was on Fire there last year,then I took out Bobby Hix, late and we took a Big white stripe down our back. Not really, but we didn't do as well as I did a few week earlier. remember it's a toilet bowl out @ the creek.
You're almost giving out too much info. and you have a tourament at the end of the month :eek: Good luck!

The Masterbaiter

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the CWA and Colorado Fisherman are partially built on education of others... You know our local lakes enough to know that even if I told everything I was doing, it would change 2-3 weeks later. I suspect the bite will change by tournament time and if it does not it sure will even the field for those who read this or listened to 950 the Fan this morning.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Pretty amazing that someone can catch that quality of fish in the middle of the city! That lake ia hard nut to crack!

I am going to join the 21st century and get a digital camera! What kind would you suggest? Your pictures are pretty clear!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Whoa Neal,

Digital camera shopping? Look for a camera that the fish on the settings dial, it enlarges the size of the fish... They are out there... Both of my kids' Nikons don't work very well - no fish on the dial... Let me know if you find something good, I'm still shopping.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Masterbaiter said:
Set the Hook,
Ok,now I know who you are ...... Other post you aked if I was DHot Rod.....Yep that's me. I bet, I know what your trolling out there... I was on Fire there last year,then I took out Bobby Hix, late and we took a Big white stripe down our back. Not really, but we didn't do as well as I did a few week earlier. remember it's a toilet bowl out @ the creek.
You're almost giving out too much info. and you have a tourament at the end of the month :eek:  Good luck!

The Masterbaiter
Last I heard, the tournament has been changed to the 1st weekend of May. Another week for the water to warm and the fish will have another week of post spawn recovery. So you should see a good number of fish come in to be weighed.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gene - thas right. The Ice Breaker is May 7th. Had to be moved due to a conflict with a bunch of sailboarders.

Neal - it is a Vivitar ViviCam 4100. Asked my wife for a cheap digital cam so I can take pics on the water, not even sure what she paid for it.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Getting the camera will be the easy part! Figuring out how to post them will be a nightmare for me. I tried to read all the posts on how to post pictures and got a headache just reading, LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Neal/CO said:
Getting the camera will be the easy part! Figuring out how to post them will be a nightmare for me. I tried to read all the posts on how to post pictures and got a headache just reading, LOL.
If you can figure out how to email them to me I can post them for you. [email protected]

F

·
0 Posts
Nice fish setthehook!  Apparently i need to expand my crank collection cuz what i was trolling with didn't have much effect.  For posting pictures, www.photobucket.com will let you upload pics from your computer and it gives you the tag so that you can post a link, or the picture itself on any site.  Its easy and free, you just have to make an account

1 - 19 of 19 Posts