Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished scary creek for a few hours yesterday. Was fishing west of the tower on the dam. Throwing a white x-rap;about the 5th cast hooked into something large. battled with it for about 15min. Never got a good look at it but I have to think it was a 10+ lbs carp. Evertime I got it to where I could see it it would make another run and pull drag for about 30ft. All I know is that what ever it was I hooked in the tail. Thats about all I could see. Next cast had another fish on. Lost it 30sec into the fight though. Thats all the action I saw the 3hrs I was there. I dont think the carp were trying to hit my xrap so Im thinking they were in big schools and I was just running thru them. What ever the case my be it is the first big fish ive had on this year and ill tell you what. My arm was tired afterwords.

As I was leaving and the lighting was cracking all around I saw 2 big boils of shad which im guessing were being hammered by wipers, but the lighting was close and I didn't stick around to find out.

-Jay

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Jay thats funny cause i was out there to. Same thing happend to me. I was fishing on the dam. Tossed out twister tail looking for crappies. About my 7th of 8th cast i hooked onto a carp by its tail. Man i thought i had a nice wiper. Fought him for a good ten minutes. I didnt post cause i didnt catch anything except that. 12 to 130 in the afternoon was the time i was there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts