Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with Dad around 6:30 and fished until 11:30. We ended up with 7 walleye, 1 trout, and 1 big crappie. The walleye was just short of 18 inches and I have a picture of it - if someone would instruct me on how to attach it to the message I will send it. We were using bottom bouncers with worms along with rapalas and crankbaits.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
This is from the picture posting thread found on page 1 of the Colorado Fishing category. If this does not help you can look at all the posts and see what works for you.

Dan

Happy to help with getting pictures online. Here is how I do it.

First you need a picture hosting site. I use www.photobucket.com
They are free and relatively easy to use. It takes a little trial and error to start but once you have done it its pretty easy.

Down load your pictures, you can do one at a time or multiple if you want. If you wanna do multiple look for the drop down box that says multiple and click on it then mark the number of pictures you want to down load.

after you do that it will give you a window will multiple drop down boxes and each set of boxes (one for a title and one for the path to the picture on your computer) will put one picture on photobucket.

after you have the pictures downloaded, they will show up at the bottom of the screen with the information needed to inset them on the forum. Just copy the img tag and paste it on the forum posting. I used the preview function when I post pictures to insure that I did not drop part of the tag. \

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
THANK YOU!!

The fish at Cherry Creek DO eat! Yes!!! For a minute there, I thought the lake has been poisoned by trimspa or something. Whew!!!

I'm goin there!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Trimspa Baby!!! That's funny. Its that crap Anna Nicole used to loose weight. She actually looks good again.
I guess it looks like I can go out there again. Thanks for giving me some hope bboat.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had the best luck between the marina and the dam, trolling along the sand bar. We also caught a few others just east of the marina. The depth constantly changes around there, going from 25 feet to 5 and back to 25 in a matter of 100 yards. The rest of the lake is really pretty shallow. It seems 15 feet seemed to provide the best fishing however I caught one that was up in 5 feet.

My Dad went out on Saturday of last week and had better luck than we did yesterday and caught one 23 inch walleye along with one 18 incher and watched someone boat a 30+ inch 9 pound walleye just to the North of the marina by the sandbar/dam area. The pics are on a phone and I need to figure out how to transfer them over to here.

The lake is pretty much turned over, and there is algae floating everywhere. We were out at 6am and pretty much had the lake to ourselves - but come 10-11 that was a different story. I was told that Saturday the boats were out in force by 6am - but I can't complain about Wed. morning!

I didn't see too much in the way of wiper or surface activity bespite a few massive carp jumping here and there.

I am sure the hot weather will soon shut the lake down.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts