Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I took the skunk... but...
1. There were some fish breaking ( I think they were wipers, but they sounded before I got close enough) on the dam sideof the sandbar. I was in my kayak, so covering a few hundred yards takes a while. They stayed on top for a few minutes and then never came back up. I tried countdown rapalas, bucktails, and twisters and only came up with a small bass and wiper (or white bass) both around 10-12 in.
2. Some guy stole the towel I wipe my boat of with when I turned my back to get my kayak. I left it at the back of my Explorer and went to get the boat. He pulled up two spots over, got out of the truck and walked around another truck between mine and his. I thought he was fooling with some stuff on a boat trailer. Then when I came up over the berm with my boat, he walked around quickly and got in his truck and sat there with it running. When I noticed my towel was gone, I went over and asked hm about and he said "i dunno" and then drove away. A$$hole.
Anyone else ever had anything stolen from the creek? I got his plate. It's more the principal I guess, it was a free towel from last time I gave blood but geez!?!?!
At any rate, it was a BEAUTIFUL day and I just had fun watching the sailboats.
Tight lines and ya'll let me know if anyone else had anything stolen at the creek on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Thats ridiculous about the towel-its a shame that stuff like that even goes on. I too fish from a kayak about 1/2 the time. Got one for my Bday and I been out on that thing at least once a week all summer long-it is, as you say, hard to cover water fast but its the most relaxing way to fish I've found. Just perfect for some of the smaller lakes I fish.

F

·
0 Posts
someone earlier said they had a stringer of crappies stolen from cherry creek

·
Registered
943 Posts
that reaaly sucks. just kills such a nice day.

C

·
0 Posts
Why do you think they bolt down the trashcans and chain the lids at state parks? If it isn't it gets stolen. Dumb @#$% people!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Haha the more I read about Cherry Creek the less I want to fish it... Everyone gets skunked there and then stuff like your towel or stringer of fish when you actually catch some disappear. I think I can pass this lake up for a while.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
we caught a bunch of walleyes there this summer on numerous trips many of them keeper size including an 11lb 32 in fish that my buddy caught.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
and as far as people stealing stuff it happens everywhere, this last winter some local guys up at delaney in the middle of nowhere got their permanent shelter broke into twice, right before the ice tourney there, punks got about $3000. worth of stuff(augers,aqua view,tackle) makes ya just wish that you could catch em just once. i'm thinking someone would get beating.

T

·
0 Posts
That would be me, FishingGuitar.

I had a stringer of slab size crappie stolen.

It's not about how much it's worth, but "The Principal/Morals."

That is [email protected] LOW to be stealing a towel.

I was at a concert about a month ago. When my GF & I came back from our break during an intermission, our towel got stolen. It was a towel left on everyone's seat for the concert, so everyone recv'd a free towel. There were 5+ other concert-goers that got their towel stolen. I know I got it for free and really didn't care about the towel, but it's [email protected] right rude!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i never had a stringer stolen but had some punks unhook one and i had to go swimming to get it back

it really suck when stuff like this happens

·
Registered
258 Posts
Whenever I hear about something being stolen at a lake, while fishing or not.....it reminds me of this:
Just before we paid for our boat and picked it up at the Dealer, I read in a "boating forum" on the Internet about a suggestion of buying a hitch lock for our boat trailer and the hitch on our truck. They were probably just isolated incidents, but one guy in this Forum said that he actually had his trailer stolen from his truck while he was on the water fishing and another guy said that he had his
"slide in" trailer hitch/ball stolen off his truck at his house.
So.........before we picked up our boat, we bought a set of trailer hitch locks for the boat trailer and the truck.
Anyone here in our Forum ever heard of anyone getting their boat trailer stolen from a lake parking lot??
Cody

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I've never hear that scenerio happen but it doesnt suprise me... I know a guy who had his car trailer and 4wheeler stolen from the side of his house during the middle of the day while he was at work and his wife was walking the dog. They still dont know who did it, but it had to be someone they knew or someone who knew their routine.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive never seen it happen but have seen trailers with locks on there hitch but just a pin holding the ball in the reciever shure would be easy to snag a light wieght traile that way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts