Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished cherry creek on Friday. Lots of shad jumping around and surface activity. I threw all kinds of stuff, big and small. Nothing except for a shad I caught on my first cast with my swimbait rig. I'm sure he got snagged somehow but he was hooked though the mouth so it was kinda funny. I caught an eight inch fish on a seven inch gan craft. Last night I decided to go out again. I hit creek for a couple hours with ColoradoMackinaw. Threw all sorts of stuff again and no luck. So, We headed to chatty for a bit. I haven't fished creek a lot but historically I've done WAAAY better at chatty so I decided it was worth a shot. While both were flooded and much higher than they were last week, chatty seemed to have way more debris and crap in the water, especially in the little boat launching cove. Both of us got th skunk. I'm dying to get some fish so I'm gonna go hard this weekend. Thinking about camping out at Pueblo possibly depending on several factors. Here's a pic of the shad and a pike I caught on the fly a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems fitting to use a cherry trout patterned swimbait at cherry creek.
Haha yep. When I was buying the lure, I was having trouble deciding between the different color schemes. I liked the perch and the "real amago." I ended up going with the amago just because I felt it was more versatile andlooked more like a trout. Here's a little article with some amago pictures...cool looking fish of I do say so myself. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to visit Japan and catch one.

http://smallstreams.com/content.php?172-High-water

1 - 6 of 6 Posts