Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first trip in many years, 2 or 3 to be exact. I used the flasher I just bought, and I must say I love it. I fished right by the tower were around 15 holes were already drilled. I learned how to use the flasher, so that was basically the only good part. I tried Kastmasters, mini tube-jigs, maribou jigs, rat finkee (or whatever its called) shrimpos, and tear drop jigs almost all tipped with those fake maggots by gulp. I did find quite a few fish. And some would go right next to my jig only to swim away.

I was also curious about one thing. When I was fishing using the flasher, I first just saw the bottom and my jig near the bottom. All of a sudden the bottom would spaz out with all three colors, green yellow and red. The lines would be jumping around all over the place. Then I would raise or lower my jig into that area. Was that spazzy area fish? Sometimes I would just see a half green half yellow bar that would swim upwards and I figured those were the fish. So what were the sections of spazzing lights?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I get the same readings on my flasher when I fished there, I quit fishing that part because it was a gaurantee skunk for me as is most of that lake, but the tower area especially. :mad:

Try the shallow south end w/minnows. 5-10ft.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going tomorrow. Where is the shallow end? How do we drive there? Minnows necessary? I only have mealworms and waxies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts