Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ice is deffintely on its way out. Shores are pretty sketchy, melting down.
Was 3" of crap white ice, on top of 5"s of clear solid ice. Open water at west marina, didnt drive by the tower.

Trout action was pretty good early, then started picking up around 3pm.

Way better size than last time I was there. The four that I caught were pretty hefty, and a solid 17". Missed many others, I'm going to classify those as walleye, due to that is what I was fishing for. ;)

WINDY! But still plenty warm, fished the south west point in 10fow. Smallest white swedish pimple I had tipped with a minnow nose hooked. The fish seemed to really like agressive long sweeps, and would follow it down, and bite it. No passive bites today.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Good report, might have to try shore waders to get on last of local ice...A town my preferance tho. No passive bites, great info.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sounds like a good time, what's it like ice fishing ? I've been working so much that I really wouldn't know this year. I've only been out 2x and both up to Evergreen. Did pretty good up there, both trips only 2 hours and caught 7 each time. (stocker MRT's) Thanks for the report. I do really want to get out though ! Thanks for the previous invites !

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LindyRigger said:
Sounds like a good time, what's it like ice fishing ? I've been working so much that I really wouldn't know this year. I've only been out 2x and both up to Evergreen. Did pretty good up there, both trips only 2 hours and caught 7 each time. (stocker MRT's) Thanks for the report. I do really want to get out though ! Thanks for the previous invites !
Dude, if you wana fish for trout, Chatty and Cherry Creek have been really good this year for nice fat trout. We should still try to get out, maybe antero or eleven mile, specifically for trout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts