Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people may call me a fool, others daring! On Thursday night I am going to meet my oldest son at CC and give it a try. Probably get out around 7-30p.

Other than the Marina/Sunken island/Dam/Tower run for walleyes, bass and crappie where esle might a person try? Does anyone every do any good near the brush on the west and south side? That looks like a prime bass area to me. I am also hoping to try to find some perch out there too.

I rarely fish there and could use any advice for it.

Dan

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have acutally done pretty well at CC and would rather go there than Chatfield. We tried fishing all over the lake on the boat but found it to be pretty shallow all over. We tried the cove on the southeast side and caught one small walleye and one big crappie. I don't consider myself an expert on the lake but think the best way to fish it is the island/dam/main points. I think the dropoff right by the corner of the dam by the marina is the best spot - but everyone else knows that too. Also, it seems we did the best mid-morning around 10am. 6am-9am was pretty slow.
Eric

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dan said:
Some people may call me a fool, others daring! 

Why would you say that? we're heading out there Saturday night. So I guess we're in the same boat(No pun intendead)

We used to have really good luck trolling from the West boat ramp to the swim beach pulling worm harnesses on bottom bouncer. Just leave the west boat ramp and point the nose of the boat to the swim beach. Run about 30 to 50 ft south of the the center line booies(Spelling).

I also caught a 10.5 walleye out in front of the E boat ramp. About 100ft N of the Danger area.

-Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts