Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing this morning at Cherry Creek and it SUCKED ASS, saw a bunch of dead Shed by the main boat landing, and 2 people caught like 11 inch fish. i was there for 3 hours fishing with art. lures and not a bite....oh wel better luck next time i guess but the water level is crazy low.....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That lake gets abused pretty heavily - lots of boat traffic, litter, dead fish, etc.

Even seen people taking dumps off their boats right into the water.

Pretty nasty stuff

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I thought "dead shed" was what you go hiking around to find in the high country. once the snow melts. I suppose there's a little around the creek also.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Was out there last Saturday and we only boated a carp. DOW must have got a
load of walleye that morning as they were still pulling nets at 11:30.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Sucks. A couple more weeks and it should start getting really good out there. Need to get the boat out of storage and head out. Keep us up to date if you head back out.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Was out for a few hours on Sunday getting blown around in the boat. Water temp was 49 deg in the morning and warmed up one degree during the day. Had four hits and got three of the walleyes in the boat one short and two 19's. If we get a few good warm days and the water gets over 52-54 things should start to turn on.

We did the normal early spring CC thing and trolled cranks, fish hit on shad raps and deep diving husky jerks on lead core.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Aurora and Cherry Creek...not two of the easier spring places...you are persistant...sooner or later you will be rewarded...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts