Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Cherry Creek today on the southwest side off the bank. Lots of wind, clouds and sprinkles. I was using crawlers and power bait and caught 3 less than 12 inch rainbows. These little guys were VERY hungry. Every one of them swallowed the hooks and I had to cut the lines to let them go. I then caught a 14" and let him go too. All in all it was a good day fishing from the bank. Too windy for the boat. I'd sure like to catch something other than a rainbow for a change! There is a heck of a lot of shad out there and the birds go crazy out there......

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One positive thing is that it is close to home.  I have a 14' Sylvan with a 9.9 hp motor and when the waterskiers and jetski people rod around there it gets to be a rough day fishing in the boat rocking and rolling.  Just thought I'd try bank fishing and did pretty good.  Last weekend I caught 4 little rainbows out there. They must have stocked it recently with rainbows.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I know how that is. I have an older 14 footer that I take to Chatfield almost weekly. Takes me 10 minutes to get there. It can get pretty rough there too when the recreational boaters get out.

I am jealous that you got out on the bank today. Its been over a week since I went out. I have been spending all of my days off remodeling a bathroom.............I have passed up some beautiful days fishing. :-\

Dan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a high stress job in a hospital and I know that I have chores to do at home on the weekends but.......I just have to get out and get away, even if it is for a couple of hours.  For the sake of sanity.  I caught my biggest trout out at Chatfield in the no-wake zone, but you are right, it is so far away from the boat launch ramp and it is such a long drive from home.  My trout was about 20" long and fat!  I caught it on an ultra-light rod and reel.  It was fun getting him into the boat without breaking the line.  HeHe!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Yes we have indoor plumbing...........You want my old sears catalog? You think I am rich? Sears catalogs are for rich people, we use junk mail, mostly credit card solicitiations........

Dan

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
We use election flyers for measures C & D...

Sandy: are you locked in to weekends off? I ask, because weekdays are much more enjoyable and productive on the water. No crowds. My sister-in-law (R. N.) recently retired from ICU at Children's Hosp. in San Francisco and she was able to pursue her hobby of rock climbing on weekdays by some serious messing around with her schedule. Wonder if you could do the same.

W. E.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
WE

Sears catalogs are for rich people, we use junk mail, mostly credit card solicitiations........
Dont let him fool ya...he uses his hand and then blames me for the lack of fish curse!...go figure?

Nice job FishingSandy...as Dan said...Cherry Creek can be a tough nut to crack with all the food in there...any fish out of there is a great day!...welcome and dont be a stranger to posting (it helps with stress!)...maybe you can help me hook Dan up for some bizarre medical experiment...help him get out of the fishing curse...

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
zman said:
WE

Sears catalogs are for rich people, we use junk mail, mostly credit card solicitiations........
Dont let him fool ya...he uses his hand and then blames me for the lack of fish curse!...go figure?

Nice job FishingSandy...as Dan said...Cherry Creek can be a tough nut to crack with all the food in there...any fish out of there is a great day!...welcome and dont be a stranger to posting (it helps with stress!)...maybe you can help me hook Dan up for some bizarre medical experiment...help him get out of the fishing curse...
And people think I am paranoid about the curse? Now Z is soliciting a new member to help him............

Dan

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
And people think I am paranoid about the curse?
...people dont think you are paranoid about the curse...they know you are!...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
With what happened to me at Aurora?...I will take all the 21 inch cursed Rainbows there are...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
He is okay...God's way of punishing me for referring to Rainbows as "trash fish"...think I would learn...self imposed curse!...it started at Trinadad reservoir...some guy asked me what I had caught...said 5 bass, 3 walleyes, 1 Channel Cat, and 8 trash fish (rainbows)...and now it is the running joke with my group...gotta stop that...the DOW would be dissapointed...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yep! My dad actually trolled a 8" perch one time and had a wiper take it, so I can imagine how the wiper react each time a lake gets stocked with trout.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Welcome to the site Sandy, and it sounds like a good day fishing and enjoying yourself on the shore of a lake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts