Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Cherry Creek today on the southwest side off the bank. Lots of wind, clouds and sprinkles. I was using crawlers and power bait and caught 3 less than 12 inch rainbows. These little guys were VERY hungry. Every one of them swallowed the hooks and I had to cut the lines to let them go. I then caught a 14" and let him go too. All in all it was a good day fishing from the bank. Too windy for the boat. I'd sure like to catch something other than a rainbow for a change! There is a heck of a lot of shad out there and the birds go crazy out there......

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One positive thing is that it is close to home.  I have a 14' Sylvan with a 9.9 hp motor and when the waterskiers and jetski people rod around there it gets to be a rough day fishing in the boat rocking and rolling.  Just thought I'd try bank fishing and did pretty good.  Last weekend I caught 4 little rainbows out there. They must have stocked it recently with rainbows.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a high stress job in a hospital and I know that I have chores to do at home on the weekends but.......I just have to get out and get away, even if it is for a couple of hours.  For the sake of sanity.  I caught my biggest trout out at Chatfield in the no-wake zone, but you are right, it is so far away from the boat launch ramp and it is such a long drive from home.  My trout was about 20" long and fat!  I caught it on an ultra-light rod and reel.  It was fun getting him into the boat without breaking the line.  HeHe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.