Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not getting alot of females in the nets. A new bunch of large females are showing up though, some are still green. The spawn at CC is typically longer and more sustained than at Chatfield and Pueblo.

Is the spawn at CC tworads the end, right in the middle or beginning? I would say in the middle, but the experts aren't sure since they are catching a new bunch of green females.

Yesterday they caught one of the females was 12 pounds (she was still green). Last week a couple 15 pounds. Last years record in the nets was 18 pounds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How is the fishing for walleye from shore at CC? Where do most people fish from shore if it is good? It would be pretty fun to try and get a hold of one of those walleye's but not sure how successful you would be from shore. Anybody tried it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bsuqb12 said:
How is the fishing for walleye from shore at CC?  Where do most people fish from shore if it is good?  It would be pretty fun to try and get a hold of one of those walleye's but not sure how successful you would be from shore.  Anybody tried it?
After April 15 fish from the dam in the evenings and early mornings. Walk the rip rap and cast. Fishing from the dam is prohibited from 4 pm to 9 am through April 15.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I figure those walleye could be caught over by the dam where they are netting them. I think you can fish there during the day even though they are milking the walleye now-
I have finally broken my inner city skunk -I have been nailing the trout the past few days and 1 out of the 20 or so I have caught one was around 2.8 pounds he was very fat for his length.. I have to get a camera,  I could not belive it when after catching all stocker sizes the past few days I finally pulled in a phatty...thats fishin!!
               Cherry Creek is now off my skunk list.

I'm more of a mountain angler I dont like city fishin, but I just got off work and cherry is right there- no I-25.   :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds good. I might have to give it a try this weekend during the day and then after the 15th at night. I figure most folks probably just cast a jig w/ whatever color tail is biting that day. Ya I'm not that big on fishing in the city but CC is right down the road from the house that I figured I might as well give it a shoot. Never been there before so we will see.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been watching people fish the dam right after the DOW pull their nets in the morning. Don't make much sense to me since all the fish were JUST pulled off the dam by the nets, hmmm, maybe that's why they didn't catch any fish there! CC has a couple places to fish at night from shore which can provide good to excellent fishing for 'eyes. I'm not going to come out and say where, just use your head and you'll figure it out. By the way, fish like sex better than food, don't expect a red hot bite just because you find some fish.

Hint: The walleye head up the rocks of the dam at night to spawn, that's where the DOW nets them (you can't fish there, but you can everywhere else).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Last year April 1st pulled in my first 30 in Walleye and it was CC.. Almost my 1 year aniversay..lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ok gotta ask,what were you using and what time of day?I am amazed that you caught that monster in the daylight.Nice wally.

lyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts