Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While prefishing for the Icebreaker last Friday I caught this beauty that weighed in at just over 11 lbs. She hit a lipless crank that I was casting to the rip rap. ;)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Yuck. You and your big wipers always make me sick Don...

;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
The water surface exploded about 6 feet from the boat when Don first hooked that fish.
Was a thrill just watching his attempts to bring it to the net. It is still there, waiting to
give some other lucky angler the same kind of thrill.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Luck? I have seen too many pictures of Don with big fish to think Luck has to much to do with it. Apart from the fact that he spends 99.9% of his time fishing (I think he probably has problems at home) I kind of think that skill may have a LITTLE to do with it.

Nice Fish Don!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. For the record, I have major problems at home and I only wish I could be fishing 99.9% of the time. I used to fish hardcore but I probably fish less than most of you right now. I have to agree with what slayer has said many times, it's all about being at the right place at the right time and knowing where and when that's going to be. ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Don!

After further review, I am thinking there is something unatural about the way you are holding that fish. It almost doesn't look real. I am wondering if maybe there is some cutting and pasting going on there! I am not saying for sure, just asking! Ha!

M

·
0 Posts
Namigoos said:
After further review, I am thinking there is something unatural about the way you are holding that fish. It almost doesn't look real. I am wondering if maybe there is some cutting and pasting going on there! I am not saying for sure, just asking! Ha!
I'll back him up. Right click on the image and select save as...save it to your computer as a jpg. Right click on the jpg and select properties. Click on the summary tab. This provides all the EXIF information including what camera he used, what time and date the picture was taken (nice camera by the way). Based on the exposure, f-stop, and ISO, I'd say the unnatural quality relate to flash being used.

I still think that's a terrific wiper - hopefully I'll get into a wiper that big this year! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Very nice fish. It looks a lot like the fish zman is posing with from Aurora.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts