Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming off the ice got to Meet and chat a while with ??? Heron lake ??? Mitch ? Said he hadn't been fishing since September. That's what you get out chasing the almighty dollar :smile: Guess that's why he has a pickup like one I would love to have. If I was to get one, it would be cut out of a magazine .:rolleyes:

Oh btw ice measured 5 inches out from the west boat ramp. Nothing but 2½ inch shad, put camera down and that's all that came into view. Some were dying and ended coming up in holes I drilled. For now the bigger fish have lots to eat.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Oh btw ice measured 5 inches out from the west boat ramp. Nothing but 2½ inch shad, put camera down and that's all that came into view. Some were dying and ended coming up in holes I drilled. For now the bigger fish have lots to eat.[/QUOTE]

That would explain my results out there today. :-[

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
2.5 in. shad will definitely make for slow fishing. Need to find some bigens again, like these caught last year for bait

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it out there until a couple of weeks.

2.5 in. shad will definitely make for slow fishing. Need to find some bigens again, like these caught last year for bait

Did you fillet those? :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Shad fillets are great bait for cats
Yes, but they stink. I'll cut them up at the lake and use them there but I don't take the time to do a fillet job. Not sure I ever took one home either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts