Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents just moved to Cheyenne WY from MI. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to buy a fishing  licence (at the out of state rate). Are there any nice lakes/reservoirs in Cheyenne to make it worth it (I'd be shore fishing)?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Cheyanne (sp?) WY ?

Thanks guys. Pitbull --- I thought I was way more than one letter off ;D I think I'll go back and fix my other post. Thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts

I have never fished it myself but have heard good reports of a place up there called Seminoe Res. and I believe there is a river that is called something like "Miraculous mile" or "Miracle mile" or something along the lines of that like I said though I have never fished them myself.....

·
Registered
862 Posts
well I looked it up and it is the Miracle Mile and I guess Seminoe has had some state record walleyes and trout pulled out if it in recent yrs past.....

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll look into those. As long as there's somewhere to fish, it will be worth it. It's better than buying day licences. If I'm going to drive 2 hours to visit the folks every once in a while there better be some fishing involved!  

I just saw your new post. That actually sounds real good.  

·
Registered
344 Posts

There are a number of lakes not too far from Cheyenne. Curt Gowdy state Park is just west, about 30 min., the park has 2 lakes, Crystal and Granite, both lakes are stocked with kokanee and rainbows, they also hold perch. The Wyoming DOW has did some netting, and have pulled up some large Browns, 10lbs. plus. There is also North Crow Res. that is in the same area, it has rainbows, browns and I'm told Lake Trout, there is also a small stream that holds brookies.
If you want to drive a little further, 1 hour plus you can hit the Lamamie Plains Lakes, Hattie, Twin Buttes, Meoborer, and a couple of others. These are good lakes, the fish grow fast, reminds you of South and North Park fish, fat and healthy.
North of Cheyenne there are a couple of good walleye lakes.
I think the out of state license will cost you $70.00, if your going to spend more than a few weekends up there it would be well worth it.
Do a google search for Wyoming DOW, look for the fishing forecast link they have some good info.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
born2fsh1 --- Thanks. When I go up there, I'll probably fish w/ my dad. He'd fish in a puddle before driving more than 30 minutes. However, it's starting to sound promising to me. I've heard of Hattie before (probably on this site), and I love State Parks. I may have to drive over there, stay the night at the folks, and try some of these places. Anyway, it already sounds like it would be worth it for a licence. $70 is steep (for me), but I imagine in the next year I could fish around 10 times or so.

Thanks for all the info! I'm kind of stoked now.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Most of the really good places are not right in Cheyenne, but are within day-trip distance. In addition to what's been mentioned above, try Lake Hattie, and if you like high mountain lakes, check out some lakes in the Medicine Bow (look West of Laramie in the Snowy Range). There are some nice lakes up there that recieve periodic stocking of brook, cutthroat, rainbow and sometimes splake. They grow some pretty big brookies up there, but it's cyclic.

They might want to consider a Colorado license, too. Lots of fishing lakes not far off I-25 and some within about 45 minutes of Cheyenne, if they head south.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Lots of good places to catch walleye and catfish from shore at Glendo! You just have to be willing to move around and be flexible. PM if you want to ask some questions.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
A non-resident annual fishing license will cost you $86.50. They make you buy a "conservation stamp" also.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
pitbull said:
well I looked it up and it is the Miracle Mile and I guess Seminoe has had some state record walleyes and trout pulled out if it in recent yrs past.....
The mile is the tailwater out of seminoe.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Freak where you been?...your girlfriend tie you up?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts