Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was awesome, Me and LEW started out at CC and fished 7am-130pm(ish) trolled crawler harness's and leadcore with shad raps in the 20's and we didnt have a bump all day, tried everything and we got the big skunk there, the midges have hatched and they are all over, there are (if im correct) exo skelotons all over the top of the water (they are like a clear cacoon) could be under water bugs too, not a fly fisherman so i dont know, lews dad had to leave and we decided we would try another spot, went over to chatty, trolled the dam in hopes for eyes, we went for smallies. about 15 minutes in i hooked into my first ever smallmouth, never cought any before so i was siked and let him go hoping for a big one, kept trolling and got another one, that was it, then the stocker action went through the roof hittin almost anything behind the boat, cought a dozen or so of them. as it got towards dusk and the sun went behind the mountains the smallie bite was back and we got about a dozen or so of them, didnt get one on a kasty but i will one day. didnt keep any smallies but took a few pics of them. thanks again Lew for the knowledge and help- it was great. today i cought fish on lures i have never even tried before and was amazed.

edit- CC's water was 50 degrees in the morn and when we left it was about 52, just fyi.

Hey z, we saw him out there again today, didnt have any swimbaits for him though.... look at him- thats one ugly mug ;) we didnt scare him off we decided to be nice...

we did happen to see some deer walking the path there at th tower, that was really cool to see

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/20110505074803.jpg/][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8343/20110505074803.jpg[/URL]

my first SM

and a few other pics including a slimer ( for u know who), kept 4 for the pan

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice job Grump, and some great pics. Can't believe how low the water looks. Must be getting ready for a little run-off. Spring time in the Rockies.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Awesome Gills!!! Congrats on the first smallie..

D.J.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dude that is awsome man...that darn CC is a biotch.....my brother and i r going to hit chat field tomorow morning for the first time, hope we have some luck too...awsome report and i love the last pic too.. ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, im loving all the techniques to these tempermental fish... can be a hassle sometimes. now only if the water was 63 degrees and itwas june ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts