Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

CLAM 2000 BUYING ADVICE

931 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  coloradofisher 
#1 ·
I was thinking of picking up a shelter with everything on clearance. Liked the Fish Trap Pro, but they sold out of it at Gander. Thinking about the Clam 2000 & saw a bunch of you have one from previous posts. Any opinions on this thing? I can get it for about $150 right now which seems pretty good. They have the scout and guide, but one seems too small if I bring along a buddy or kid (probably not that often though), the other too big/heavy.

I don't see myself as someone who moves around the lakes alot. I though that since its fairly lightweight compared to some sleds (weight is about the same as fishtrap scout), I might be able to slide it a little ways even after it is put up if the mood struck. Anyone else do this?

Also, how long does it take to put this thing up and take down.

Any advice would help. Thanks.

#2 ·
I own a Clam 2000 and a voyager. Based on my use the only down side to the 2000 is that for me (6" 4') I find that it isn't deep enough. I fell like I am sitting way to close to the hole with not enough room to streach my legs out. Other than that I love it!! Great for single fishing and descent amount of room for two people. It's light weight, fits in the trunk of my car and is easy to set up. I have moved mine while it is set up and it rather easy, barring any wind. Only thing you might want to also buy is a pair of ice anchors or something to tie it to in the wind.

#3 ·
My opinion is that the flip over style huts seem to work the best for me if theres alot of wind  . Ive had just about any kind of hut made and ive went back to the flip over style , I also love the pulsue tents i have one of these as well,It works great as long as theres not alot of wind , For 2 or more people thats my first choice , for a nice 1 person I would go with the fishtrap pro , I also have this hut and love it as well . The pulsues arent cheap but there nice because you can stand up in them , there very light weight , and set up within seconds , and store away easy in your  garage .  I Tend to like something you can get up fast when its cold . And something easy to move around , Being able to stand up is also a great feature . I hope that helps without confusing you to much .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.