Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fished a ton of really tough tournaments where the bite was off just a bit due to weather. This one was no different, although my execution was nearly perfect and I only lost 2 fish all week. Neither of which could have helped my bags.

http://www.coloradobassnation.com/blog/50-pounds-of-sooner-bass-earns-derek-phillips-the-win/

Water temps were anywhere from 52-63 degrees and anywhere from clear 5+ feet of visibility to choc milk. We had 50mph wind gusts one day resulting in a half dozen walls of water in the Skeeter. Snow and 25 degree air temps another day, sever thunderstorms the next and bluebird high skies most of the competition days. Fish could be found anywhere from their wintering areas mainlake all the way back and on beds. I fished somewhere inbetween.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good work!! My mother in-Law lives in OK relatively close to Grand... Gunna have to take a trip out there to visit the lake... err i mean the mother in law ;)

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
El Dizzle, if you need him!

Damn homie, you been puttin' in some work! Good to see you holding up some hardware too!

Congrats bro!

How many tournies do you have in Colorado this season?

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Hice job Jon! Good luck with your tournament season.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Haven't seen the name of winner Derek Phillips in a long time. Use to shoot in archery tournaments where he competed as a member of Matthew's Pro Team. He was one great archer with plenty of pro wins under his belt. Looks like he's a champion no matter what sport he chooses.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, it was a BLAST! Whoever mounted the MK on the bow of my boat did a helluva job because if it was ever going to come off, last sunday was the day.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Awesome Jon! Well done sir

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Well done, brothaman! Happy for ya. I know how much you put into it and dig that you are gettin it done!

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Right on Jon!!! Keep up the great work!!!

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was just gonna say that they'd make great shot glasses! Congrats on making the state team and the solid finish.

Any swimbait fish? :evil:
Couple in practice on a Skinny Dipper doesn't count!

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you look real close in the first picture is the bait I caught 11 of the fish I weighed in the Tx. The other four came on a 5" senko. Derek caught almost all of his weighed fish on a Biffle Bug/Biffle Hardhead.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts