Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
I think that wader cleaning is worthwhile, but I remember reading someplace about how at one time there was a drainage in Colorado where the fish were called rattlin' rainbows. The fish were so full of snails that when they would jump you could hear a clacking sound, it was the snails grinding around in their stomachs! I wonder how much the snails would damage the fishing in most drainages, and whether or not there is a way to control the snails through natural predation.

· Registered
49 Posts
I can see the potential haszards, clearly more research is needed. I have heard of fisheries where carp were introduced to control weed growth, and I wonder if something similar could contribute to the solution, that said I am all for us anglers doing our part. Is there any other cleaning substance that will not harm waders but kills the snails? I think I read in the initial post that 409 stopped making the product mentioned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.