Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
The only Clear Creek ive fished was above Golden. is this the one you are talking about? i caught some surprising fish in there during the fall..browns mostly.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Well when it clears up some perhaps ill try to hit it with some streamers...when the waters up a lot of the fish will push out and to the sides of thier usual hang outs, making them easier to locate than other times of the year. there used to be a spot a few miles up above the tunnels on HWY 6 (i think thats it, goes up to Blackhawk?) where there was a small spring right next to the river...only about 30 feet across maybe. it was crystal clear, and if you were careful and crossed the river you could peek over the edge and sometimes see some really nice brookies hanging out there. this was strange, because as far as i know there were no brookies in the river. anyways, i went there again about 2 years ago...just to find the whole spring was bulldozed over. pretty sad, i never figured out why they did that. ive caught plenty of 16 inch browns in the stream though, surprising considering its so close to town and all...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts