Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with this section of water? I know the ponds all hold warm water species and are stocked with trout. Why does clear creek past Coors brewery not hold trout? I have walked and biked down the trails and it looks like it would be a pretty decent habitat from trout.

My guess is the water either gets to warm or Coors Brewery puts out waste. Obviously both just assumptions here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would be an interesting environmental engineering project for Mines to make clear creek past Coors a proper fishing habitat. They have successfully restored the Arkansas buy cleaning up the water and adding back in millions of bugs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also found this information from article: http://www.clearcreekwater.org/pdfs/CCWF-2007-report-optimized.pdf Page 24

TABLE 1: TOXICITY* CHANGES IN CLEAR CREEK • 1989 - 2007
Location Prior Condition >> Current Condition Proposed Future Remediation

Burleigh Tunnel toxic » toxic redesign Burleigh wetland
Woods Creek toxic » good fishery streambank improvement
Mainstem below Georgetown good fishery » excellent fishery groundwater recharge
Trail Creek toxic » toxic priority grant project for 2008
Clear Creek above Argo fair fishery » good fishery Maud(e) Munroe project
Clear Creek below Argo toxic » fair fishery instream improvements
North Fork below Gregory Gulch toxic » worse toxicity Superfund work in 2008
North Fork below Russell Gulch toxic » improving water quality Superfund work in 2008
Clear Creek downstream toxic » improving fishery dependent on upstream water
Golden quality and downstream

fishery improvements

* Toxicity refers to the quality of water necessary to sustain aquatic life colonies that are fundamental in

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could use some of that Mary Jane money to employ some Colorado youths to get off their butts and make a buck. All the while being outside and making a positive environmental impact.

Just a thought. I remember when I was in High School and how competitive summer jobs were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts