Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Clear Creek Canyon yesterday after work, from 5:30 to 6:30pm. Caddis fly’s were just everywhere. Every rock or tree branch I walked past exploded with caddis. But the fish wanted nothing to do with them. I never saw a rise to a natural, and not a single rise to my various caddis imitations. But, what a difference a fly can make; I switched to a size 20 bead head PT nymph and landed two browns on the next three casts. The PT nymph did the trick on several more browns and one 14 inch rainbow.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually fish the area between I-70 exit 244 and Golden. Up stream from exit 244, on the south side of the road is a GOCO trail leading to Idaho Springs; Lots of easy access.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lower creek near Denver is a nice wild brown trout fishery. Rainbows are released often enough that 20% of my catch are rainbows, or cut-bows. Most fish are small, a fish over 12-14 inches is rare, but still happens. Farther up stream rainbows are more common and some get larger. The area below the Georgetown sewage plant produces some huge fish, but it’s mostly private land.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got back from fishing in Idaho Springs. Between my girlfriend and I we caught just about every 10-12 in trout under that water wheel. not too bad. I think I will give golden a shot tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts