Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I find clear epoxy paint in town? I have a bunch of jig spoons I would like to prevent the paint from chipping so easy. Thank folks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use Devcon 2 Ton Epoxy glue.This is what most use to coat their crankbaits,and lures.Add a bit of alcohol to thin.If using a thick coat as when covering a homemade crank bait,you should rotate the lure.Even though it is self leveling,it is thick.The lures will look like a factory job,and the coating is really tuff.
I buy mine at a local Ace Hardware here in Pueblo.Walmart did carry it for years but they no longer carry it here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know about other epoxies,just the Devcon 2 ton.Other epoxies will turn yellow over time,at least all the others I tried did.You can add paint to the epoxy for jig heads.I don't remember what paint.It had to be artist colors,either oil,or acrilic.Kinda a pain,but it did work.I was trying to come up with particular color.Now I don't even paint my jig heads,but almost always insert into tubes.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am just trying put a tough clear coat on painted spoon jigs. The jig cost 2.50 apiece and chips up quick. Love the spoon hate the paint job :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts