Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a little slice of heaven in Tennessee... A place I'd been but never explored.

We were after a fish neither of us had caught before... the elusive pumpkinseed fish. :) Today, as the clouds opened up and rained down, we fished. Three hours in the rain equaled 6 species of fish (2 brand new ones for the boy) and a total of about 70 landed fish between the two of us.

The larger of the bass was a freakin' hoot on the bamboo pole... The odd fish here is a striped shiner... Basically just a giant minnow, if I understand correctly. We walked about a half mile downstream and a half mile back up, catching fish the whole time. Non-stop fun and some great memories made.

The cane pole is king.

Here's a short video I took on my phone. He missed the hookset the first time, but nailed it on the second attempt. :) This was the end of the quest, as he caught the target species.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good stuff, man! I grew up fishing with a cane pole, mostly for rough fish. A chub like the ones you posted would have been good catch back then. :biggrin1: Junior seems to be having a good time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
brings back memories of laying on a dock trying to catch sunnies with my buddies.
Glad you boy got his target fish. Good job DAD.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys!

We had so much fun.... unreal how cool it is being a dad. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts