Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know every one said tube jigs are working well,but this is the fly fishing section. What kind of flies work throgh oct tell close. Anyone who can help throw down let me know!!!!!! :-X

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Fall patterns....I like Streamers. alot of the bigger fish are on the move, and a streamer will often get you some good takes. later, as the browns go through the spawning motion, egg patterns work well on the rainbows. i dont fish them too much, but ive seen them knock fish dead when floated over weed and gravel beds under an indicator. Scuds..well, they always work. a scud/egg pattern s-l-o-w-l-y stripped over open water or weeds will also produce fish.

midges will be coming off as normal...but i get tired of fishing the small stuff, and id much rather throw streamers. black, purple, and olive wolley buggers are my favs...but for spawning browns something a bit more flashly like Mickey Finns, Spruce Flies, Platte River Specials and even small clousers work well. You can use a floating line, the fish wont be deep as the water cools off, but bump up your tippet and leader to at least 3x if you are throwing the bigger stuff.

And if you are really hard...night fishing will get you some big browns if you are persistant.

good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
cant go wrong with the wooly bugger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts