Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Re: CO DOW employee survey

Holy cow! Some damning responses from the DOW's own employees! Suspicions confirmed, sadly. How sad and embarassing for the whole state of Colorado.

3. 67% Disagree/Strongly Disagree with the statement that Colorado's wildlife resources are better protected today than five years ago.

4. The employees were evenly split on whether the DOW is a well-managed agency.

6. 60% Agree/Strongly Agree with the statement “I am hesitant to perform certain aspects of my job for fear of retaliation.”

7. 42% Disagree/Strongly Disagree with the statement that “DOW administration generally provides complete and accurate information to the public on controversial issues.”

9. 50%% Agree/Strongly Agree with the statement “In my experience, many decisions of DOW ignore sound wildlife or fishery biology.”

13. 74% Disagree/Strongly Disagree with the statement “I trust DOW top administrators to defend the state's wildlife resources against political pressure from special interests.”

14. 88% Agree/Strongly Agree with the statement “The scientific integrity of the Division of Wildlife is compromised because the Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources is a political appointee.”

20. 42% Agree/Strongly Agree with the statement “I have been directed or encouraged by a supervisor to ignore a specific threat or remain silent regarding a specific threat to a wildlife resource.”

21. 57% Agree/Strongly Agree with the statement “ I would expect to experience job-related retaliation for openly advocating protection of the state's wildlife resources.”

I wonder wheher there are more recent surveys and what they would say??

·
Registered
24,509 Posts

Yep that survey is 7 years old...might be the same might be different...

And if most jobs had that many political interactions and the public involved...I cant imagine the results would be any different...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Any time politics get involved, I get a feeling that something shady is going on. And there usually is! PK

·
Registered
3,144 Posts

zman said:
Yep that survey is 7 years old...might be the same might be different...

And if most jobs had that many political interactions and the public involved...I cant imagine the results would be any different...
That's important information. I would point out that political interactions are not exclusive to the government, they are present in every large organization of course. Also, as a person subject to regular and anonymous management reviews, the responses themselves can be political! Lots of things are written in anonymous interviews that management never hears from their employees or anyone else which can be frustrating if you have a goal of trying to constantly improve the workplace.

Perhaps the most important thing about these type of surveys is how they are interpreted and what actions actually come out of them. After 7 years, what has been the response and plan of action?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts