Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my hip replacement surgery this past Wed. AM. The surgery went fine and I didn't hear or see a thing. They done a real good job of "knocking me out". Because I was doing so good, walking with my walker and doing my physical therapy, my doctor released me yesterday (Friday) afternoon.
I am now home and doing my Rehab so I can get back to fully walking again. I see my doctor on Sept. 26 and he will then decide if I'm able to go back to work. That only gives me one week and two weekends and (personally) I don't think I will be going back to work at that time. I will probably need another week or two off.
The wife and I sure do miss our boat and doing some fishing on the weekends like we had been doing all this summer. But, we have some very nice photos to remind us of how much fun we had catching those Brown's and Rainbow's this summer.
Well, we let you folks now how I'm doing in the upcoming weeks.
Cody (cowboy)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Hey Cody...glad it went well...you will be fishing again in no time...lots has happened on here since you last posted...dont be a stranger...I know you have a gift for verbiage...you just need to translate it to the keyboard

Get well!...

There are fish with your name on them!...see if you can swipe some of Dan's too!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
glad to hear your doing well.

see ya on the water soon enough im shure

peace out bro!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Thanks for the update Cody!

We are so glad to hear your surgery went well and you are home already!

Listen to the folks from PT! They know what they are talking about.

Talk to you later.

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Glad the surgery went well.. I could tell at the picnic your hip was giveing you a hard time. Maybe you can work fishing into your physical theropy. Fish from the peirs and docks instead of the boat? Take yout PT instructor fishing or something.

F

·
0 Posts
Good to see it went well ....looking forward to meeting you next year at the coloradofisherman.com get together ....

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Cody,

Glad to hear things went well. Now you can heal quickly just in time for some fall fishing!

Take care and let us know how things are going,
Mike (aka work2fish)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Best of luck, Cowboy. I'm sure you'll be back on the water in no time!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys

The wife and I want to tell you guys that we really
appreciate all the nice comments you have wrote to me since my surgery.
It is really tough getting up early on Saturday or Sunday morning and not going fishing.
But, once this hip of mine is in 100% "walking condition", we will get the rods out and hit the shores of Chatfield.
My rehab here at home is going good, but the hip is still pretty stiff and somewhat swollen. My wife, Nancy, is helping me out a lot..........working her butt off taking care of me.
Again, thanks for all your nice comments.
Cody (cowboy) and Nancy
P.S. We especially like the "Fish Dedication" to me that hunterfishercamper wrote me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey Cody
I have not been on in a while but I glad that you are doing good and I hope you can get you line wet soon.
best of luck to you .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Cody,
Just let me know when you are ready to go to Chatfield and I will be there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts