Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm sure everyone is itching to get out the next few days now that this cold streak has hit. I know I am. Where's everyone heading? I'm going out Saturday for the first time this year. Thinking up towards Barnes Meadow or Joe Wright. Never been up there. Started at the end of last season and only ice fished a couple times before the season ended, so it will be like starting all over again. Still can't get my summer fishing buddy interested in ice fishing. He said it was going to be "cold and snowy" this weekend. I told him that's what you get when you go ice fishing.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
if you get a shelter and a nice heater and make it a nice warm enjoyable trip i'm sure more people would want to tag along and try it out. the day's (at least in my opinion) of roughing it and trying to see who is the toughest guy out on the ice are gone from my regime. it's all about the comfort and hence more fun and less BS. and more and bigger fish since i can concentrate on fishing and not how damn cold i am.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I will be heading up to Dillion at the Snake River side with a freind of mine Sunday morning. It sure would have been nice to see this cold spell last one more good solid week. I am so ready for Aurora Res.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
Ling Reader said:
I will be heading up to Dillion at the Snake River side with a freind of mine Sunday morning. It sure would have been nice to see this cold spell last one more good solid week. I am so ready for Aurora Res.
Unless it gets REALLY cold, A-town aint gonna happen till end of december maybe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't been to Aurora for a few. does any one know what the water temp is? I have always iced good at Aurora, maybe cause it don't have ia lid on it for very long, I don't know but can't wait all the same.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
mtman12672 said:
So, I'm sure everyone is itching to get out the next few days now that this cold streak has hit.  I know I am.  Where's everyone heading?  I'm going out Saturday for the first time this year.  Thinking up towards Barnes Meadow or Joe Wright.  Never been up there.  Started at the end of last season and only ice fished a couple times before the season ended, so it will be like starting all over again.  Still can't get my summer fishing buddy interested in ice fishing.  He said it was going to be "cold and snowy" this weekend.  I told him that's what you get when you go ice fishing. 
Hye MTMAN- Check out the forecast for Joe Wright this weekend.  That place is brutal!

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/Ma...lat=39.865417&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=149&map.y=124

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[
Hye MTMAN- Check out the forecast for Joe Wright this weekend.  That place is brutal!
Is it always that bad up there? At least some of the lakes will be frozen. Mayby I might have to try something a little more hospitable.

Hey Jamie, I do have a shelter. One of the first things I bought. I figured I would go out more myself if I was more comfortable.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is why I need you sane fisherman to help me out. I'm used to flyfishing small creeks in the summer, and try to get up as high as possible. Seems my eye naturally goes towards these areas of the maps. Guess I should head downhill some when ice fishing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Think I might have to check Chambers with those kind of temps i am betting it is frozen by now and if its not i can always goa little bit further and find something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts