Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know about you guys, but this cold weather, and snow in the high country is really getting me going. Think I might break out the auger and fire it up just to celebrate. Won't be too long now!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I may be gearing up for Ice fishing, (looking for perch eyes, putting new line on the ice reels, starting the auger etc.) but I am still happy with soft water fishing for the time being. Fall fishing can be some of the best and i don't want to miss any of it.

Dan

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I am excited too. I fired up the power auger last year around this time and several of my neighbors looked at me like I was nuts. lol.
Can't wait to feel the bite of the ice on the power auger, then dropping the jig down and having a rainbow hammer it so hard you can barely hold onto the rod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It hasn't been as bad for me this year as years past, but I am definately getting very antsy to see some snowy and cold weather and then getting out on the ice. Can't wait for that first laker to sit on my jig and for that pike to pop that flag and run that spool. Hurry up cold weather and hopefully it will be a lot colder than last year and just as wet.

M

·
0 Posts
i bought my own icew auger today, so i dont have to borrow a crappy dull one, also, i got a 6 (maybe 7 i dunno) inch hole instead of 8 so it will go faster
i suck at it, but i cant wait for some hardwater

1 - 6 of 6 Posts