Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunday is my day to fish, fishing is my church.thought i was going to be out of luck today with ice just forming here in denver , too cold to boat fish.started off heading to a pond in boulder thinking small ponds would be frozen. called a friend and he informed me its still closed from the flood. headed to georgetown, greeted by 2and a half inches of ice and many willing stockers. caught thirty of the tiny hungry fish in three hours before the wind just became too much.came home to watch the fourth quarter of the broncos, should have braved the wind.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
sunday is my day to fish, fishing is my church.thought i was going to be out of luck today with ice just forming here in denver , too cold to boat fish.started off heading to a pond in boulder thinking small ponds would be frozen. called a friend and he informed me its still closed from the flood. headed to georgetown, greeted by 2and a half inches of ice and many willing stockers. caught thirty of the tiny hungry fish in three hours before the wind just became too much.came home to watch the fourth quarter of the broncos, should have braved the wind.
Seriously?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
It's alright. I'll get em from the lurkers who are loading up their flashers and huts right now.

And you didn't miss out on anything with the Broncos game... It was straight garbage all the way around. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
you don't really need pics of eight inch stockers do you?and yes seriously

if it's where im thinking of, that spot will be locked up for a while. according to past posters who don't care though, it's gonna be one hell of a brown trout fishery if they do finally open it back up.

i saw on the exploiter that people have been fishing it. good to know.... i also read that snake river inlet has ice, and im sure that means OG is probably safe. ill probably give it a shot next weekend if weather permits....

thanks for the report, glenn!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts