Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Growing up in Aurora my folks used to take us kids out to a restaurant in either Louisville or Lafayette called Collacchi's. I have tried looking on the web but can't find anything about if it is still around or what happened to it. I remember we used to go out for spaghetti dinner and they used to have great spumoni ice cream for dessert.

These are memories from back in mid 60's so I imagine much has changed since then. Just wondering if anyone might have information on it.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Too bad... delicious hand made pasta and hand made Italian sausage. Sucks they had to shut down. Another casualty of the previous bad economy?

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Use to love the Blue Parrot! I still use their sauce to this date, we get it at King Soopers. Costco use to carry it but can't find it there anymore. Right now Amici's on 44th & Wads is our favorite Italian place, been eating there since they were over on Sheridan years ago.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Collacchi's and The Blue Parrot...;D
Used to make the short run from Boulder to Louisville back in the day when I was a Student.
Being from Chicago, The Italian food here is (still) lacking in flavor compared to the dishes I grew up on back home...
I have never found a comparable restaurant since My Chi town days...
AND, I've tried most of them.
Oh!! for the use of GARLIC and FENNEL..... which is lacking here abouts...
NOW, Mexican Food, on the other hand....
WOW !!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I love Amici’s. 3 Sons in Arvada is good.

The original owners of 3 sons have a restaurant on 88th & Independence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Did you get sick from the food or an over-abundance of Chianti, lol.
Was too young to drink, not sure what was in that sauce but thought I was allergic to spaghetti after that. The sausage was so good it was almost worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blue parrot closed down because the food sucked the last couple of years and the gal that owned it was tired of running it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts